VB or C#? ASMX or WCF? WinForms or WPF? Ruby or Iron Python??????
Questions, questions, questions. I know the new technology I'm seeing here at TechEd is going to lead to a bunch of questions in the form of: Should I use X or Y?
We have some leagcy questions:
- Should I use VB or C#?
- Should I use Business Objects or DataSets?
- Should I build Windows apps or Web sites?
With the emerging technologies shown here at TechEd these questions get more complex and new questions emerge:
- Should I use VB, C#, Iron Python or RubyCLR?
- Should I build Windows apps, Web sites or Office/SharePoint apps?
- Should I use ASMX Web Services or Windows Communication Foundation (WCF)?
- Should I use Windows Forms or Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF)?
- Are mobile devices and the .NET Compact Framework ready for enterprise applications?
- Where does Windows Workflow Foundation (WF) fit in?
- and so on...
I've been overwhelmed trying to keep up with the new developer technology I've been seeing and I wanted to prepare you for the same.