Microsoft Support for Visual Basic 6.0
In case you're wondering about Microsoft's support policy for VB 6.0 (and it seems more and more of you are) you should check out Product Family Life-Cycle Guidelines for Visual Basic 6.0.
Product Life-Cycle Phases
- Standard support offerings are available for Visual Basic 6.0, such as Premier Support, free professional telephone and online incident support per warranty, paid professional telephone and online incident support, free critical updates (also known as a "HotFix" or a "QFE"), and free online self-help tools. For details and pricing guidelines for paid professional support, please visit the Microsoft Product Support Services Web site.
- The Mainstream phase will be in effect for six years after the product's general availability date. Visual Basic 6.0 was generally available in January 1999. Mainstream support will end March 31, 2005.
- Standard support offerings include Premier Support, paid telephone and online incident support, and free online self-help tools.
- Critical Updates will be available for a fee.
- Free telephone and online incident support will no longer be available.
- The Extended phase will be in effect from seven to nine years after the product's general availability date. Extended Phase support begins in April 2005 and ends March 2008.
- Support will no longer be offered for Visual Basic 6.0 after nine years of general product availability.
- Visual Basic 6.0 will no longer be supported starting March 2008.