Is Tori Amos Hot, what do you think?

Published Thu, Dec 13 2007 0:13 | William

After getting back from a trip to MS in Dallas, I got back kind of late.  A friend of mine saw me getting home and decided to stop over and chat.  He had a few too many drinks to take too seriously, but I love insipid discussions so it's often entertaining.  He was complaining that I left my stereo on a wee bit too loud and the bass coming from the sub-woofer was audible in his place.  He stumbled over to turn it down and started breezing through my cd's.  He immediately chided me and told me effectively that something is really wrong with my brain.  "Ministry, Nine Inch Nails, A Perfect Circle, Tool, 2Pac, Tori Amos, Tracy Chapman ... what in the hell man?"

I replied that most of it needed no explaination, but I dig Tori Amos big time, everything she sings is killer, she's got  a great voice, she's hot.  Right there he interrupted me and said "She's completely not hot, nor is Tracy Chapman (I never made that case)"  He went on to say not only isn't she hot, she's completely Fug. I've heard her music sucks but never heard anyone call her fug.  Somehow, from my usual readers I have a feeling this is going to end up in Justin's favor, but I'm just hoping he's wrong, that she isn't fug, and I get a bunch of comments talking about how much a55 she kicks as opposed to what a tool I am for liking her.  Not having a good feeling about this.  And if you're going to make fun of me for liking Tracy Chapman, well, you aren't the first and won't be the last.  I've been getting ridiculed about it for like 18 years now so don't bother ;-)

Comments

# Chris G. Williams said on December 13, 2007 2:15 PM:

he's an idiot, Tori Amos is hot. Or at least she was 10 years ago... I have no idea what she looks like now.

Kinda like Sara Maclachlin used to be smokin hot...

# Artemisian said on December 13, 2007 4:29 PM:

Just thought I'd say - totally not fug. She is DEFINITELY a yummy mummy. And Tracy Chapman isn't too bad, musically-speaking.

# Sam said on December 14, 2007 1:35 AM:

Wow, you just named two of my favorite artists! I am sometime embarrassed too. My favorite Tracy Chapman is A New Beginning, and Tori Amos--I guess just Little Earthquakes. I can't listen to "Silent All These Years"--I guess it is just too bare and emotional. Oh, and I don't know anyone who doesn't like Fast Car.

I came here looking for SqlCe tips--maybe I will look around a bit more.

Oh--I don't know if I would use the word 'hot.' Talented maybe?

# C. Amarillo said on December 14, 2007 11:27 AM:

You'd better watch it with the 'is she hot' questions on your blog. Someone might take offense and say, cause a flat, blunt object to impact your behind... HOWEVER, that being said, the answer to your question is it depends on which Tori Amos photo you are looking at. Some are way more attractive than others.

# sluggy said on December 17, 2007 1:59 AM:

She was hot when she was 20 and she used to go on stage and perform commando wearing a short skirt. Now she is just fugly :)

# Peter said on December 18, 2007 3:04 PM:

Hot. I worked with a guy who wanted to be reincarnated as her piano bench.

# Andy said on December 20, 2007 3:21 PM:

Tori is smoking hot! Her voice and music just makes her all that much hotter. One of my all time favorites by her is "Mr. Zebra".

# Hutch said on December 28, 2007 2:49 PM:

To each his own.  It's like Jewel and her snagleteeth.  Some look at a striking feature and think its hot while others are repulsed by it.  If your friend keeps giving you crap about it then find out who HE thinks is hot.  He's bound to like someone that society thinks differently about.

As far as music is concerned, I don't care for Tori Amos but I like the others you mentioned.  One of my favorite bands to listen to is the Carpenters (especially around Christmas time).  I get a lot of 5hit for that one.

Search