January 2013 - Posts
There are three places where you might want to configure SMTP settings:
- On TFS itself via » TFS Admin Console » Email Alert Settings:
- SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) via » Reporting Services Configuration Manager: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms345234.aspx
- SharePoint (SP) via » Central Admin » System Settings » Outgoing e-mail settings:
Here are some screenshots:
TFS Admin Console:
Reporting Services Configuration Manager:
SharePoint Central Administration:
As a MSDN subscriber, the product key for Team Foundation Server 2012 does appears under the “Visual Studio 2012” section of “My Product Keys”:
See also: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc668758(v=vs.110).aspx
Q: Why is the backlog view missing in TFS 2012 Web Access?
A: In TFS 2012, web access permissions control what Web Access features are available to users. By default users get “Standard” permissions.
Here’s how to fix it: http://blogs.msdn.com/b/visualstudioalm/archive/2012/06/04/enabling-feedback-requests-the-backlog-and-sprint-planning-in-team-foundation-server-2012.aspx
Note: Make sure that all users with “Full” permission have either Visual Studio Premium, Ultimate or Test Professional (more info can be found here).
It can be downloaded from the Microsoft Download Center:
- The “Installer” versions download necessary update files from the internet.
- (*) = Install the GDR updates if you want to use TFS 2012 or TF Service.
Answer: It’s not supported, and thus not recommended.
If you want to use SQL Server 2012 consider upgrading to TFS 2012, which fully supports it.