Exporting TFS Work Items to Microsoft Word (via WordToTFS)
This post is part of a blog series:
- Download and install the freeware tool AIT WordToTFS from here (registration required).
- Start Microsoft Word (winword.exe). You should see a new "WordToTFS" ribbon.
- Choose the layout template you want to use (the names correspond to TFS process templates, but it's possible to furhter customize those layout templates).
- Click 'Connect' on the 'WordToTFS' ribbon and choose a team project to connect to.
If the "missing mapping fields" dialog appears, you probably choose the wrong layout template (you can still change it before the next steps).
- Click 'Get Work Items" from the ribbon.
- On the 'Get Work Items' pane to the ride, select a stored query.
- Click on 'Find' button.
Optionally, deselect work items in the list if you want to exclude them.
- Click on 'Import' button.
Disclaimer: This MS Word integration is not part of Visual Studio or Team Foundation Server. The plug-in was developed by a Microsoft Partner (AIT) and not by Microsoft itself.