Download files from TFS version control and set the file last access timestamp to the file's last check-in time
Often I hear the following questions about TFS version control:
- Can I just download files or folders from TFS without having to create a workspace?
- Can I specify that files do not have the read-only attribute set?
- Can I configure that files show the last check-in time as last write time?
- Can can I "export" files from TFS and remove the bindings to my TFS?
The answer is: Yes, you can!
A few notes on what the tool offers:
- Files/Folders are downloaded from TFS without requiring a workspace.
- There is no read-only flag set on the files exported.
- Optionally sets the file time to the time of last check-in.
- Optionally removes the source control bindings (from VS solution/project files).
Download the tool from here:
Prerequisite: This tool requires Team Explorer 2010 to be installed.
(Special thanks to Grant Holliday and Marcel de Vries)