Listing version control changes with check-in comments using TFS
You can easily query for changes on a team project or a specified version control folder underneath and display them in a list with the check-in comments.
By using Team System Web Access (TSWA):
Note: I’m showing this first because the dialog is very comfortable, e.g. you can filter by user or time range.
- In TSWA on the “Source” tab, right-click any folder (team project folder or sub-folder) and select “Find Changesets”.
- In the “Find Changesets” dialog, select the desired filter criteria and confirm with “Find” to generate a list of changesets with check-in comments.
By using Visual Studio Team Explorer:
- In Team Explorer under “Source Control”, right-click any folder and choose “View History” from the context menu.
- The “History” window is shown with a list of all changesets (again with check-in comments) of the folder and sub-folders, which – as far as I know – cannot be filtered further.
By using Team Foundation Sidekicks (a free tool by Attrice):
- Start Team Foundation Sidekicks and open the History Sidekick by clicking on the third toolbar button (the clock with an arrow on it).
- On the left side, select a folder by clicking on it.
- On the right side in the “History” tab you will see the changes with an option to filter them by user.