October 21, 2010 PSSBS Meeting
Simplifying High Availability and Virtualization
For those in the Seattle area who are not attending SMB Nation this weekend and Third Tier's Pre-day event in Las Vegas, the Puget Sound Small Business Server User Group October meeting will include a presentation by VM6 Software, a provider of an ‘all in one’ software solution that virtualizes storage, servers and desktops all at the same time, on a single server, without the complexity and costs.
By leveraging Microsoft Server 2008 R2 with Hyper-V and using any x86-64 servers, VM6 VMex creates a completely virtualized IT infrastructure with the simplest high availability solution in less than three hours without requiring the purchase of a complex SAN. It also comes with its own clustering technology and management console.
VM6 Software is the perfect solution for IT environments that:
• Have less than 50 servers per site
• Have virtualized or have a project to migrate to a virtualized environment
• Require high availability for planned or unplanned downtime
• Have challenges justifying the cost of a SAN
Join us for a presentation that will demonstrate how VM6 VMex can:
· Optimize the capacity utilization of your IT infrastructure
· Simplify and improve IT service availability for small IT environments
· Eliminate the need for shared storage (SAN)
John Cloutier (VM6 Software Technical Evangelist) and Bruce Smith (Microsoft Alliance Manager and Business Development) will be presenting.
VM6 will be providing pizza for the group, and Microsoft will be providing the room and drinks. Will be at our usual location, at Microsoft’s Lincoln Square offices in downtown Bellevue (700 Bellevue Way NE - Lincoln Square, Bellevue, WA 98004).
Park in the Lincoln Square garage and meet at the elevators on the first floor by 6 PM to head up to the meeting (take a ticket when you enter the garage, but parking will be free for the evening).
Meeting will be from 6:00 PM – 8:30 PM.