HOTFIX: When you try to use Windows IE7 to display a Scalable Vector Graphics (SVG) file on a local computer, IE7 cannot display the SVG file
When you try to use Windows Internet Explorer 7 to display a Scalable Vector Graphics (SVG) file on a local computer, Internet Explorer 7 cannot display the SVG file. This problem occurs if the Web page that is used to display the SVG file has the following characteristics:
• It contains an <embed > tag.
• It uses the Mark of the Web (MOTW) feature to bypass the Local Machine Zone Lockdown feature.
This problem also occurs when you try to display Macromedia Shockwave Flash (.swf) files. This problem does not occur in Internet Explorer 6.
After you install this hotfix, you have to create and configure the Iexplore.exe registry entry. To do this, follow these steps:
1. Click Start, click Run, type regedit, and then click OK.
2. Locate and then click the following registry subkey:
3. On the Edit menu, point to New, and then click DWORD Value.
4. Type iexplore.exe for the new value, and then press ENTER.
5. Right-click iexplore.exe, and then click Modify.
6. In the Edit DWORD Value dialog box, click Decimal under Base.
7. In the Value data box, type 1, and then click OK.
8. Exit Registry Editor.