Direct Revenue tries for dismissal of New York Attorney General's lawsuit
Direct Revenue want the New York Attorney General's Lawsuit against them to be dismissed.
The motion makes interesting reading:
Some of the reasons given for the requested dismissal:
1. barring by enforceable contract (the EULA?);
2. failure to allege facts that support holding Direct Revenue responsible for the actions of independent third parties (it wasn't us, it was them);
3. failure to provide reasonable notice of any other transactions or occurrences allegdly at issue (you didn't tell me, therefore you can't sue me);
4. failure to allege the transactions took place in New York as required by statute;
5. exporting legal standards to transactions not alleged to have been conducted in New York barred by the dormant Commercial Clause of the US Constitution.
There then following many, many pages of legal argument and authorities.