Internet Explorer 7 Release Candidate 1 has been released
That's right gals and guys.. go and get it (scroll past the graphics.. more info to come)
Dave mentions it as well:
I'm downloading the RC build as I write:
Important points to note are:
- IE7 RC1 includes an automatic uninstaller so that if you have a build of IE7 already installed on your machine, it will be removed to allow RC1 to install. Your computer will be automatically rebooted after the old build is removed, and before RC1 is installed.
- Please... read the Release Notes.
- Remember, reboot TWICE before getting worried about any weird behaviour you may see (Yes, Brian, this is for your benefit).
- CSS platform changes are complete, and there is added language support. A comprehensive post about CSS changes has been made by the IE team, available here:
- Localised versions are slated to ship on or about 12 September 2006 including Arabic, Finnish, German, and Japanese as well as the French and Spanish.
- MS asks Web Developers and designers to take advantage of the Readiness Toolkit to ensure that their sites are ready for IE7:
- The CNN crash on zoom bug is fixed and I think you'll be pleased at some of the other improvements to zoom. On my test bed, pages that were off center on zoom in are no longer exhibiting that behaviour. Not only that, the problem wherein IE7's RSS feeds would stop updating if a PC was not rebooted for a certain period of time seems to be resolved.
- BTW, if you want to see how your RSS feeds are going, go to Control Panel, Scheduled Tasks. Turn on the option to view hidden tasks (Advanced menu) and you will be able to see the User Feed Synchronization task.
Internet Explorer 7 Release Candidate 1 for Windows XP SP2
Internet Explorer 7 Release Candidate 1 for Windows Server 2003 SP1
Internet Explorer 7 Release Candidate 1 (Windows x64 Editions)
Internet Explorer 7 Beta 2 Uninstall Toolkit