IE7 and beyond.. what changes, improvements or additions would you like to see?
For various reasons I have been pondering usability in IE7 and beyond, and considering how I would like to see things change, if I had the chance. Here is my list:
1) More contrast in color between active and non active tabs.
2) An ability to move the tabs to bottom or side of screen
3) The Quick Tabs screen disappears to easily, even if I do something as simple as click an icon in the systray – this should not happen.
4) An ability to turn off the Search Box
5) An ability to resize the Address Bar and place other toolbars beside it
6) RSS – a way to manage RSS similar to the Organise Favorites windows – a way to create folders and move around *pre-existing* RSS feeds
7) RSS - if a Feed fails to update for whatever reason, the Feed should be highlighted in red
So, what would *you* like to see in future versions of IE.... and what changes would you make to IE7 given the chance that would have an effect on the user experience and make it easier to use and a better experience overall?
For example, a friend's eyesight is not the best and he has a real problem picking up the slight color difference between active and non active tabs. Also, as a heavy RSS user I really wish there was a visual cue when one of my feeds fail, and I really wish I could organise my pre-existing feeds into folders.
Flames, "Firefox r00lz" statements or other alternative browser fan-boy posts won't get published, so save your breath