A new build of Internet Explorer 7 is available
Please uninstall the previous build of Internet Explorer 7 Beta 2 Preview then reboot *twice* before installing the newly released build.
How to uninstall IE7:
Some may not agree with the following, but years of experience have shown this to be best practice... [;)]
- Set a restore point (just in case)
- Disable antivirus
- Shut down all running programmes (except for firewall) - that includes Messenger, Windows Defender, OneCare - don't forget to exit via systray icons as well.
- Turn off Automatic Updates (believe me, you'll thank me later)
- If you have installed any other build of IE7 you must uninstall those versions before you try to install Beta 2 Preview.
- Reboot *twice* after removing old beta builds (yes, it really does make a difference)
- Don't forget to shut down those programmes again before proceeding. This is where shutting down automatic updates makes a difference. Uninstalling beta builds of IE7 in the past has, for me, triggered Automatic Updates to offer a slew of updates which is darned irritating if Automatic Updates is set to download and prompt to install, or download and install automatically. I'd prefer you didn't install these updates before installing IE7 Beta 2 Preview. After the installation of IE7 Beta 2 Preview you can turn Automatic Updates back on - you won't be prompted install all those updates.
- Install IE7 Beta 2 Preview... reboot twice after successful installation.
- Don't forget to re-enable your antivirus now you're finished.
Sometimes the installation may fail - no error message. Right click on the downloaded IE7 installation file, select properties, then select "unblock"