Last week Verizon announced a software update for the HTC DROID DNA that includes the following features and enhancements:
- User can load videos on HuluPlus
- Improvements to Hotspot connectivity have been made
- Improvements to Audio Quality for wired headsets and earpieces have been made
- Bluetooth connectivity and volume level for specific models have been improved
- Enhanced reliability and stability of the Contacts List have been made
- Wi-Fi Connectivity has been improved
- Improvements to default browser for zooming capability have been made
- Incoming messages display with the correct timestamp
- Enhanced Recent Apps functionality has been improved
I got the update last Thursday because I have had a problem with maintaining a connection to my Bluetooth headset, so I am interested to see if this update fixes that problem. I did notice that the "No SIM Card detected" error is not on the list, but it's possible that's been fixed, too.
I’ve been using the HTC DROID DNA since mid-November and today I experienced for the first time the dreaded “SIM Card not detected” issue. Actually, I didn’t know it was a dreaded issue until I Googled for “DROID DNA SIM card not detected”. I found a number of threads in different forums about it. The solutions that worked are listed below, in no particular order:
- Reboot the phone.
- Go into and then out of Airplane Mode.
- Pop the SIM card tray out, remove, clean, and reseat the SIM card and slide the tray back in.
- Do a hard reset of the phone.
- Go to the nearest Verizon store and get a new SIM card.
- Go to the nearest Verizon store and get a replacement phone.
I tried No. 1 and No. 2 a number of times and it didn’t fix the problem, so onto No. 3. which did work. Here’s a link with instructions on how to insert and remove the SIM Card on the DROID DNA - the most important thing to remember is to turn off the phone before you start!