HTC Mogul Upgraded to WM 6.1 "breaks" ActiveSync
Since I got my HTC Mogul from Sprint last spring, I had been syncing with two PCs, one at home and one at work. Life was good - I was where I was supposed to be on time, and remembering everyone's birthday and anniversary.
In July, I upgraded my Mogul to Windows mobile 6.1, using the Rom from the HTC web site.
The upgrade was a semi success - I managed to brick my phone but recovered nicely thanks to a lot of help from Chris Rue, a Microsoft MVP for Small Business Server: Systems Administration. Ever since then, however, I've had problems syncing to two PCs. I could sync to one or the other, but not both. I Googled and found some workarounds, but none of them were permanent solutions.
Last week, I posted to the ActiveSync forum at Windows Mobile Connection and found that I was not the only one having this problem. In fact, there's also a thread on Connect about this: Allow synchronization with more than 1 pc with a WM 6.1 device
If you are also having this problem, it would be great if you could go to the thread on the Connect site and validate it. For now, I am syncing with only one PC, and and somewhat considering going back to Windows Mobile 6 until and unless the problem is resolved.