Limiting who can create a MySite
I have had a few customers ask how they can control who can create a MySite, whether it was just for a trial run, to try to control hard drive usage, or for other reasons. In any case here is how you can do it
- Open the "Central Administration" web site
- Go to your Shared Service Provider's Administration page
- Click on the "My Site settings" link
- On the left side of the screen click on the "Personalization Services Permissions" link
- In this screen you can take away the "Personal Site" from "NT AUTHORITY\Authenticated Users" and add it to any User or Group that you want to.
Without the "Personal Site" permissions, users will not see the "My Site" link and will not be able to create a My Site.