SPS SP2 available (finally!)
The following Knowledge Base articles (some of which have not yet been made live) provide information about the various fixes included in this service pack.
· KB 887623 Description of Microsoft Office SharePoint Portal Server 2003 Service Pack 2
· KB 906337 Issues that are fixed in SharePoint Portal Server 2003 by SharePoint Portal Server 2003 Service Pack 2
· KB 907763 SPS requires ASP.NET 1.1 be installed on the server if ASP.NET 2.0 is also installed.
· KB 907377 How to address the case where SPS SP 2 does not updated the databases during service pack installation
· KB 905229 How to update an evaluation version to SPS RTM if SPS if SPS SP 1 or SPS SP 2 has been installed on it.
(sorry, had to break the links. The email I posted from contained internal URLs which did not work)
Additionally, SP2 introduces support for the following:
· Support for running on 64-bit machines in 32-bit emulation mode
· Support for Reverse Proxy and Alternate URL support
· Support for IP-Bound virtual servers
· Support for off-box SSL termination
· Support for SQL Server 2005
Lastly, SharePoint Portal Server 2003 with SP2 will be Kerberos-enabled by default.