ADO.NET Data Services v.1.5 CTP2
Astoria team has released next CTP of ADO.NET Data Services 1.5. In comparison with previous release, CTP2 is really big work and we can observe now already that ADO.NET Data Services becomes even more powerful platform. As a whole it is visible, that development of Astoria is directed on more closer integration with Silverlight and .NET Framework 3.5 SP1.
What’s new in CTP2:
- Projection. It is new feature for Astoria which has appeared only in this CTP. This feature allows to build more difficult projections using ADO.NET Data Services, and is accessible both server functionality, and client.
- Data Binding. Feature of binding with the user interface in WPF and Silverlight already was in previous CTP, however in new release here has occurred small refactoring and binding began to do even easier.
- Row count. Has changed nothing, bugs has been fixed.
- Feed customization. The quantity of elements which can be adjusted is expanded.
- Server driven paging. Support in client library is added.
- Enhanced LOB Support. Support in client library is added.
- Request Pipeline. Now it is possible to handle something in a chain of processing of request using model of events (something similar on model of events ASP.NET). It is necessary for even big possibilities of expansion of functionality of services.
- New “Service Provider” interface. Refactoring has been executed.
It is besides, informed, that has been fixed a number of errors. Thus, release of ADO.NET Data Services v.1.5 on one CTP became nearly.
Also there was an information that all these possibilities of version 1.5 will be a part.NET Framework 4.