Important: Action Pack software now available digitally
Subject: Important: Action Pack software now available digitally
Date: Mon, 1 Jun 2009 14:12:34 -0700
You may have received an email announcing the availability of digital Microsoft software benefits. We want to remind you that this applies to your Microsoft Action Pack subscription (MAPS) as well. In addition, we are pleased to announce the availability of your Action Pack content online.
The partner community provided us with feedback to improve access and management of software benefits—we listened. We’re pleased to announce that you can now digitally access your software benefits from one, central location at any time.
The advantages of the Microsoft Partner Program digital distribution solution:
By directly downloading your internal-use software, you can gain access to software and updates the moment they’re made available—no need to wait for your Microsoft Action Pack Subscription box shipment. Benefits include:
· Faster and more flexible: Access software immediately—24x7 availability.
· Greater visibility: View all of your software benefits summarized in a license statement.*
· Improved software benefits management: Add or remove users and manage their access to downloads, keys, and a license statement.
· Decreased environmental impact: Help reduce the amount of waste from manufacturing, shipping, and disposing of disk kits.
*Available August, 2009
What you should know about digital software benefits
On May 29, 2009 we launched the availability of MAPS digital software.
· Starting with the July 2009 kit, you will now only receive your MAPS software digitally. You can always order physical media (software discs)—additional fees apply. Visit your local Microsoft Partner Program (http://partner.microsoft.com) for information on fees and expenses. View the frequently asked questions for details.
· If you decide to order physical media, your software benefits will also be available digitally.
· Access to software keys and license statement will only be available digitally, even if you’re receiving physical media.
How to get digital software:
From this link, you can access your software benefits today. You can use a step-by-step instruction guide for assistance.
Where to access your MAPS content
Starting with the July 2009 kit, MAPS content will be located on the Microsoft Partner Marketing Center, which you can access from this link or by typing http://partner.microsoft.com/MAPScontent into your browser. A Windows Live ID is required. Content will be updated quarterly. In addition, every quarter you will be mailed a MAPS Highlights card informing you of key resources and new software that is available.
Read the complete post at http://msmvps.com/blogs/bradley/archive/2009/06/01/important-action-pack-software-now-available-digitally.aspx