Automate website deployment using Powershell
I published an article which automates website deployment.
The Powershell script does the following for you:
· Maintains different configuration information for
different deployments. For example, different connection strings
for development servers and production servers (one or more
· Creates a deployment folder using the deployment date,
time, and version so that you have a separate folder for each
deployment and can keep track of things deployed on a day, e.g.,
· Copies only the change files and some predefined files
to the deployment folder. So, you don't deploy the whole website
· Copies the web.config and customizes the
<appSettings>, <connectionString>, <assemblies>
etc., as per the deployment configuration. For example, you can
have different connection strings for different servers.
that in every deployment, a new file gets downloaded by client
· Updates default.aspx automatically with the modified
script file name.
· Compresses all static HTML files using an Absolute HTML
· Creates a zip file which contains the deployment
· FTP the zip file to a target server.
So all you need to do is, run the script, extract the zip on
server and voila!
If you like it, please vote for me.