Amazon Kindle for Windows Phone 7
The Amazon eBook reader solution will be shortly introduced to Windows Phone 7 owners, broadening the scope of eBook offers for this new platform.
This was announced at PDC10 developers conference and here is the list of features:
- Access to over 725,000 books in the U.S. Kindle Store – the largest selection of the most popular books that people want to read – including New Releases and 108 of this week’s 111 New York Times Bestsellers.
- With Kindle Worry-Free Archive, books purchased from the Kindle Store are automatically backed up online in a customer’s Kindle library on Amazon, where they can be re-downloaded wirelessly for free, anytime.
- Buy Once, Read Everywhere with the Kindle apps and devices. Amazon’s Whispersync technology syncs your place across devices, so you can pick up where you left off.
- Integrated shopping experience that allows customers to shop without leaving the app.
- The opportunity to send an email to a friend with a link to the book you’re reading or to any book in your library without leaving the app.
- Customized reading, choosing from five different font sizes and three background colors.
- The ability to read in portrait or landscape mode, and to turn pages by tapping on either side of the screen or flicking.
- The option to try the beginning of a book for free before buying and to receive personalized recommendations on the home screen of your app.
I just can’t wait for this app to hit the Marketplace!