Visual Studio Live @ Las Vegas Presentations – Tips and Tricks on Architecting Windows Azure for Costs
Unfortunately I wasn’t able to go and speak in Visual Studio Live @ Las Vegas as it was scheduled, due to an illness that made it impossible for me to travel, and stay in bed for a few days.
But even if I wasn’t there I would like to share with you some of the points on this topic “Tips and Tricks on Architecting Windows Azure for Costs”.
Tips & Tricks On Architecting Windows Azure For Costs
The Key points to achieve this are:
- Cloud pricing isn’t more complex than on-premises, it’s just different
- Every component has it’s own characteristics, adjust them to your needs
- Always remember that Requirements impact costs, choose the ones that are really important
- Always remember that Developers and the way things are developed impact costs, so plan, learn and then code.
- Windows Azure pricing model can improve code quality, because you pay what you use and very early can discover where things are going out of plan
- But don’t over-analyze! Don’t just block because things have impacts, because even today the same things are impacting you, the difference is that normally you don’t see them that quickly and transparently, so “GO FOR IT”, you’ll find it’s really worth it.
In some next posts I’ll go in-depth into each one of those.
Special thanks for Maarten Balliauw for providing a presentation he did previously that I could work on.