ALM Rangers Visual Studio Lab Management Guide
Today I’m happy to bring news about the beta release of the Visual Studio Lab Management guide, second edition. I’ve been working with this project since the beginning and this time around I’ve had the opportunity to lead the work for this release. It’s been great fun to work with an active product owner from the Lab Management product group and of course a committed and knowledgeable team!
This time around the focus has been around the new features coming in Visual Studio 11 Lab Management, the document has been revised to reflect that content. We have also spent a significant amount of time to add content to support the build-deploy-test workflow in TFS and Lab Management. This work includes
- Guidance on lab process template customization
- Guidance on how to implement a continuous integration process using lab management
- Guidance on database deployment
- Guidance on SharePoint deployment
- Hands-on lab on Lab Management 11 Standard Environments
- Custom Lab Activities (included in the TFS Build Extensions project)
Take a look at the beta release here: http://vsarlabman.codeplex.com/ and give us feedback on things you like as well as things you’re missing!