ALM Rangers shipped Visual Studio 2010 Database Guide
This week the ALM Rangers shipped another project, this time the Visual Studio 2010 Database guidance project. I’ve been part of the review team in the project and had the opportunity to look at the content throughout the project. I think many will appreciate this release since it gives a nice umbrella over topics that are not covered on one place elsewhere.
The guidance document covers many important areas such as source code management, build and deployment and database testing.
The release contains both guidance and a set of nice hands-on labs, including:
- Visual Studio Guidance for Database Projects
- Visual Studio Database Projects Hands-On-Labs document
- Hands-On-Labs (HOLs), including:
- Solution and Project Management
- Refactoring a Visual Studio Database Solution to Leverage Shared Code
- Source Code Control and Configuration Management
- Single Team Branching Model
- Multiple Team Branching Model
- Integrating External Changes with the Project System
- Maintaining Linked Servers in a Visual Studio Database Project
- Complex data movement
- Build and Deployment Automation
- WiX-Integration with deployment of databases
- The Integrate with Team Build Scenario
- Building and deploying outside team build
- Database Testing and Deployment Verification
- The “Basic” Create Unit Test Scenario
- The “Advanced” Create Unit Test Scenario
- Find Model drifts Scenario
Go to http://vsdatabaseguide.codeplex.com/ to read more about the release and download the guidance.