Visual Studio 2010 Beta 2 is out
Today Visual Studio 2010 Beta 2 was released. It's very exciting to be able to start talking to people about the features in beta 2. A lot has changed since beta 1 and most importantly beta 2 comes with a "go-live" license which means we can actually start building production software using this version. See "Get ready to "go live" with Team Foundation Server 2010 beta 2!" in case you're wondering that "go-live" means.
There's also been a change in the SKUs for Visual Studio and the new editions for 2010 are:
- Microsoft® Visual Studio® 2010 Professional
- Microsoft® Visual Studio® 2010 Professional with MSDN
- Microsoft® Visual Studio® 2010 Premium with MSDN
- Microsoft® Visual Studio® 2010 Ultimate with MSDN
- Microsoft® Visual Studio® Test Elements 2010 with MSDN
- Microsoft® Visual Studio® Team Foundation Server 2010
- Microsoft® Visual Studio® Team Lab Management 2010
- Microsoft® Visual Studio® Load Test Virtual User Pack 2010
Sadly for us working the VSTS, the Team System brand has been dropped. But fortunately this doesn't mean that Microsoft is stepping back from the ALM space, instead all MSDN editions will include Team Foundation Server. And for teams who want to start working with TFS but not interested in documents in Sharepoint or reporting the TFS Basic edition will be a great starting point.
As an MSDN subscriber you can get beta 2 today and on Wednesday it will be made available on the Microsoft Download Center as well.