Stuff that still works..
- All of the internal hardware
- Existing peripheral devices
Stuff that doesn’t work or is a pain
- All of my stress reducer games
- The traditional Windows games which are now only accessible via the UI formerly known as Metro (also used as stress reducers)
- My two favourite gadgets. Weather Network via Weather Center was the best, and a network monitor which showed which computers were online.
- VSL Lantoucher Network Chat
- Speedfan – It will not show in the notification area at boot up regardless of settings
I am not a casual user of the Internet or a texter. I do serious work and am the ‘system admin’ to my family and the local friendly repair guy to many around me. Windows 8 as it stands presently has given me nothing, not even faster boot times particularly, but I have lost quite a bit.
I could just about live with the UI formerly known as Metro, but I will now look to getting Windows 7 and former usability back, at least for now.
Fri, Aug 17 2012 19:29