Search Strategies in large organizations
Recently we had a discussion about search strategies in large organizations when customers don’t know what information is out there and how to start discover the right content.
I previously used the following approach to introduce discoverability of unstructured data, which I would like to share:
- Define the organisation taxonomy (there are a lot of predefined standards to be used, depending on organisation type http://wandinc.com/prod_tax.aspx)
- Use pattern matching (FAST Search) to extract the common elements from the content
- Find duplicates to perform content cleansing (FAST Search feature)
- Identify all content owners
- Interactive approach to tag content (according the defined taxonomy) by owners
Feel free to add you ideas and suggestions to this process.