Yesterday Microsoft released 12 security bulletins addressing 22 vulnerabilities in Microsoft Windows, Office, Internet Explorer and IIS (Internet Information Services). Three bulletins are rated as “critical” and 9 others are rated as “important”.
- MS11-003 - Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer (2482017)
- MS11-006 - Vulnerability in Windows Shell Graphics Processing Could Allow Remote Code Execution (2483185)
- MS11-007 - Vulnerability in the OpenType Compact Font Format (CFF) Driver Could Allow Remote Code Execution (2485376)
- MS11-004 - Vulnerability in Internet Information Services (IIS) FTP Service Could Allow Remote Code Execution (2489256)
- MS11-005 - Vulnerability in Active Directory Could Allow Denial of Service (2478953)
- MS11-008 - Vulnerabilities in Microsoft Visio Could Allow Remote Code Execution (2451879)
- MS11-009 - Vulnerability in JScript and VBScript Scripting Engines Could Allow Information Disclosure (2475792)
- MS11-010 - Vulnerability in Windows Client/Server Run-time Subsystem Could Allow Elevation of Privilege (2476687)
- MS11-011 - Vulnerabilities in Windows Kernel Could Allow Elevation of Privilege (2393802)
- MS11-012 - Vulnerabilities in Windows Kernel-Mode Drivers Could Allow Elevation of Privilege (2479628)
- MS11-013 - Vulnerabilities in Kerberos Could Allow Elevation of Privilege (2496930)
- MS11-014 - Vulnerability in Local Security Authority Subsystem Service Could Allow Local Elevation of Privilege (2478960)
A more technical version of the Security Bulletin can be found at Microsoft TechNet and an end-user version is available at Microsoft's Security website.
See also the MSRC blog: February 2011 Security Bulletin Release
More information is available at the website of Microsoft Security Response Center.
Don’t forget, if you need anti-virus/antimalware software you can always download Microsoft Security Essentials. It’s a very good program and the best part is it is FREE!!
Be safe and update your computer with the latest patches and updates. From a very nice Starbucks in Lakewood, in a beautiful sunny state of Washington… have a wonderful day!!