Microsoft Security Bulletin Summary for August 2009
Today, August 11th, Microsoft released 5 "critical" updates and 4 "important" updates.
- MS09-043 - Vulnerabilities in Microsoft Office Web Components Could Allow Remote Code Execution (957638)
- MS09-044 - Vulnerabilities in Remote Desktop Connection Could Allow Remote Code Execution (970927)
- MS09-039 - Vulnerabilities in WINS Could Allow Remote Code Execution (969883)
- MS09-038 - Vulnerabilities in Windows Media File Processing Could Allow Remote Code Execution (971557)
- MS09-037 - Vulnerabilities in Microsoft Active Template Library (ATL) Could Allow Remote Code Execution (973908)
- MS09-041 - Vulnerability in Workstation Service Could Allow Elevation of Privilege (971657)
- MS09-040 - Vulnerability in Message Queuing Could Allow Elevation of Privilege (971032)
- MS09-036 - Vulnerability in ASP.NET in Microsoft Windows Could Allow Denial of Service (970957)
- MS09-042 - Vulnerability in Telnet Could Allow Remote Code Execution (960859)
A more technical version of the Security Bulletin can be found at Microsoft TechNet and an end-user version is available at Microsoft's Security Updates website.
See also the MSRC blog: August 2009 Bulletin Release. And the Security Research and Defense blog for additional technical information on these updates.
Well, you know the drill... point your mouse to the Microsoft Update website and start updating. And I'll see you next time from a Starbucks store somewhere in this beautiful Washington state where we had the first rain after several weeks of beautiful sunshine...