If you’re interested in the Beta of Microsoft Security Essentials and you want to download it, then go to their web site MSE Beta. Better hurry because it seems it’s topped at 75,000 downloads.
If you have any questions then you’ll find the answers at: Microsoft Answers.
Currently available for USA, Israel, People’s Republic of China, and Brazil.
Mary-Jo Foley had a chat with Alan Parker, General Manager of Microsoft’s Anti-Malware team, and based on that conversation it seems that MSE/Morro will be released as Beta on June 23rd. WGA validation seems to be required.
For more detailed information check Mary-Jo Foley’s blog at ZDNet
In between al the housework and painting Microsoft released 10, but could be more for your configuration, updates and patches for the month of June. There are six “critical”, three “important” and one “moderate” patches.
- MS09-018 - Vulnerabilities in Active Directory Could Allow Remote Code Execution (971055)
- MS09-022 - Vulnerabilities in Windows Print Spooler Could Allow Remote Code Execution (961501)
- MS09-019 - Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer (969897)
- MS09-027 - Vulnerabilities in Microsoft Office Word Could Allow Remote Code Execution (969514)
- MS09-021 - Vulnerabilities in Microsoft Office Excel Could Allow Remote Code Execution (969462)
- MS09-024 - Vulnerability in Microsoft Works Converters Could Allow Remote Code Execution (957632)
- MS09-026 - Vulnerability in RPC Could Allow Elevation of Privilege (970238)
- MS09-025 - Vulnerabilities in Windows Kernel Could Allow Elevation of Privilege (968537)
- MS09-020 - Vulnerabilities in Internet Information Services (IIS) Could Allow Elevation of Privilege (970483)
- MS09-023 - Vulnerability in Windows Search Could Allow Information Disclosure (963093)
As usual, a more technical version of the Security Bulletin can be found at TechNet and an end-user version is available at Microsoft's Security At Home site.
See also the MSRC blog: June 2009 Bulletin Release
Hope you have already updated your machine. If not then you know where to find Microsoft Update.
Have a wonderful day! It’s the 29th day, and counting…, without rain in the Seattle area… I love it.. ;)