On October 10th, Microsoft released the following updates:
- Vulnerability in Kodak Image Viewer Could Allow Remote Code Execution (923810)
- Security Update for Outlook Express and Windows Mail (941202)
- Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer (939653)
- Vulnerability in Microsoft Word Could Allow Remote Code Execution (942695)
- Vulnerability in RPC Could Allow Denial of Service (933729)
- Vulnerability in Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 and Office SharePoint Server 2007 Could Result in Elevation of Privilege Within the SharePoint Site (942017)
A more technical version of the Security Bulletin can be found at TechNet and an end-user version is available at Microsoft's Security At Home site.
You can obtain the security updates offered this month on Windows Update, from Download Center on Security and Critical Releases ISO CD Image files. For more information, see Microsoft Knowledge Base Article 913086.
See also: MRSC: October 2007 Monthly Release.
Little did Sean O’Driscoll know when he made this video: "Video from the Past... I Feel Great!!"? Well, I was MVP and I have just been re-awarded again on October 1st. It was the beginning of this year when Cathy asked me to have dinner with her sister, Kim, when I was at the Microsoft MVP Summit in March, 2007! Kim lives in the Seattle area and it was probably nice to meet her, she thought... meeting a MVP from Holland. On the last day of the Summit, March 15th, we met and had a wonderful dinner and time at the Seattle Space Needle:
And time flies by when you're having fun. We had a great time!. It took being an MVP and attending the MVP Summit to meet my (future) wife! To make a short story short, after all the time difference between Seattle and Holland is nine hours, we're getting married on November 17th, 2007, in Sumner, WA., at The Hansen Place at six o'clock in the evening. After the wedding Kim and I will be living in Holland. But we both will be back at the next Summit in 2008!