Get the latest information about malware and potentially unwanted software on the Microsoft Malware Protection Center Portal. Browse the MMPC's malware encyclopedia, download the latest virus/spyware definitions, submit malware samples, and find links to additional content.
See: Microsoft Malware Protection Center
On July 10th, Microsoft released six security bulletins:
- Vulnerabilities in Microsoft Excel Could Allow Remote Code Execution (936542)
- Vulnerability in Windows Active Directory Could Allow Remote Code Execution (926122)
- Vulnerabilities in .NET Framework Could Allow Remote Code Execution (931212)
- Vulnerability in Microsoft Office Publisher Could Allow Remote Code Execution (936548)
- Vulnerability in Microsoft Internet Information Services Could Allow Remote Code Execution (939373)
- Vulnerability in Windows Vista Firewall Could Allow Information Disclosure (935807)
A more technical version of the Security Bulletin can be found at TechNet and an end-user version is available at Microsoft's Security At Home site.
You can obtain the security updates offered this month on Windows Update, from Download Center on Security and Critical Releases ISO CD Image files. For more information, see Microsoft Knowledge Base Article 913086.
See also: MRSC: July 2007 Monthly Bulletin Release.
Many small- and medium-sized organizations use antivirus software, and yet new viruses, worms, and other forms of malicious software (malware) continue to infect large numbers of computers in these organizations. Malware proliferates at alarming speed and in many different ways, which makes it particularly widespread today.
This guide is intended for IT Generalists who want information and recommendations that they can use to effectively address and limit malware that infects computers in small- and medium-sized organizations. This guidance provides a set of tasks that licensed Windows® users can perform at no cost to create the Malware Removal Starter Kit. Recommendations for free malware-scanning tools are included. You can use these tools in combination with the kit to conduct scans, detect problems, and remove malware from your computer.
More information at: TechNet
Download at: Download Center