Tue, Dec 20 2011 8:43
Microsoft Office 365 Trust Center
I am happy to announce that the efforts of the Office 365 Identity team are coming to light with the announcement of the Trust Center today.
My concerns about security of Office 365 have been met with continued focus by Microsoft to address and meet my expectations. However, I am not their only client and this approach has been consistently replicated around the globe in a manner which evolved the product offering.
Office 365 Trust Principles
We respect the privacy of your data
You know ‘where’ data resides, ‘who’ can access it and ‘what’ we do with it
Compliance with World Class Industry standards verified by 3rd parties
Excellence in Cutting edge security practices
Continue to be vigilant
Despite a strong focus on security by Microsoft you will have to pay attention to your own needs and desires in a proactive manner as it relates to security. Some important questions as you study the Service Level Agreement (SLA) are:
- If our organization is subject to a specific attack in which we are not sure of the methods used
- what support is available to us in addressing this attack?
- what is the timeframe in which we should expect a response from support?
- What information is available to us from the Office 365 firewalls and activity logs? How easy is it for us to access this information if we require it?
- Are there any configuration requirements in order to ensure we are logging the information required to help us resolve security threats should they occur.
It is my intention to welcome the advance of the Microsoft Office 365 Trust Center and help people explore the dedication and focus Microsoft is bringing to this important area of evaluating the service offering for your organization. I encourage you to investigate the trust center and review the important steps which have been made.
Chief Strategy Officer | Winrox | 425-577-7377
Filed under: News, microsoft, Office365, Trust Center