Wed, Oct 5 2011 11:28
Beware of Phone Scams - How to keep your Windows PC Protected
The following is a great list of resources for everyday folks that IT pros use when looking to keep the PCs they manage at optimal performance.
Recently there have been a growing number of Phone Scams from individuals claiming to be from Microsoft asking you about the security of your PC. You should be suspicious of unsolicited calls about security of your systems. Don't give out financial details, visit websites, allow anyone to remote control your system or install software from unsolicited callers. If you feel your system has been compromised or has a computer virus – you can call Microsoft's Security and Virus FREE support line at 1-866-727-2338.
· Microsoft Security Essentials – Free Anti-Malware software from Microsoft, great for Small Businesses and Home PCs alike.
· Security Bulletins by the Regular IT Guy – A monthly podcast to help simplify details about the monthly Security patch releases.
· Security TechCenter – Find top tasks, get the latest news, find a wiki article or download a featured tool.
· Windows Update Services – Businesses of all sizes can help manage and control the rollout of updates in their organizations.
Other Resources You May Find Useful
· Springboard Series - Your destination for technical resources, free tools and expert guidance to ease the deployment and management of your Windows-based client infrastructure.
· AlignIT Manager Tech Talk Series - A monthly streamed video series with a range of topics for both infrastructure and development managers. Ask questions and participate real-time or watch the on-demand recording.
· Microsoft Virtual Academy - For Free Training To Help Improve Your IT Skill Set.
· TechNet Evaluation Center - Try some of the latest Microsoft products like Office 365, Windows Intune or System Center Virtual Machine Manager 2012 for free, before you buy.
Filed under: Windows, Phone Scam, security, Protected