April 2013 - Posts
Microsoft TechEd North America 2013
June 3-6, 2013
New Orleans Morial Convention Center
900 Convention Center Blvd
New Orleans, LA 70130
I just registered for the Microsoft TechEd North America 2013 conference. This message confirms your attendance to the conference at the New Orleans Morial Convention Center in New Orleans, Louisiana. Also, I am staying at the Renaissance New Orleans Pere Marquette. I cant wait to see everyone and attend the awesome sessions this year while earning a few more certifications and spending time in the Labs
My confirmation, included the following information:
- Your Staff Portal
- Returning Services
- Attendee Party Passes
- Pre-Conference Seminars
- Name Badges
- Registration Policies
- Hotel Arrangements
For more details on the TechEd 2013 North America conference including agenda and content please visit the event website at http://northamerica.msteched.com.
Hit me up and let me know where you will be staying on twitter @iasanders
In case you wanted something other than the the Count Down widget on your Website or embedded somewhere fun, if you like the Registration Widget below. I have included the code for you to embed wherever you want. The Registration Widget allow SharePoint Peeps to register for SharePoint Saturday Los Angeles 2013 wherever you embed the code.
Just embed the following code for the #SPSLA Registration Widget
<div style="width: 100%; text-align: left;">
<div style="font-family: Helvetica, Arial;
padding: 5px 0 5px;
<a style="color: #ddd;
href="http://www.eventbrite.com/r/etckt">Event Registration Online</a>
Share this event with your friends!
I have included the code for the Countdown widget for the SharePoint Saturday Los Angeles event that everyone speaking, sponsoring, or attending should post up their blog, social network, website or wherever you think would be fun…
Just embed the following code for the #SPSLA Countdown Widget
1: <div style="width:195px; text-align:center;" >
3: <iframe src="http://www.eventbrite.com/countdown-widget?eid=6299661457"
A friend of of mine John Spinella is an Visio Studio ALM Ranger and the first person I know who could get the SharePoint builds automated in TFS. He and the Team have just released a set of build process / reference templates
The Build Release and Deploy (BRD) Lite is a set of build process reference templates that allows you to quickly setup a real-world build process in your environment. It leverages extensions from Community TFS Build Extensions, which provide capabilities for your Team Foundation builds such as automatic compile, build version number customization, build packaging, code signing, basic deployment functionality, and environment configuration file management into your Team Foundation builds.
The “Lite” comes from giving you a build template that you or your Build administrators can use “out of the box” for most scenarios. Of course, you can always customize and extend as needed.
Visual Studio ALM Rangers
This guidance is created by the Visual Studio ALM Rangers, who have the mission to provide out of band solutions for missing features and/or guidance. This content was created with support from Microsoft Product Group, members of Microsoft Services, Microsoft Most Valued Professionals (MVPs) and technical specialists from technology communities around the globe, giving you a real-world view from the field, where the technology has been tested and used.
What is included in the downloads?
The solution is divided in separate packages to give you the choice of selective downloads. The default download is the first of the listed packages:
- Hands-on Labs (HOL)
- Build Templates
The Epics included in the guidance are:
- As Abu, the build master, I would like to understand the changes and impact of Visual Studio 2012 on BRDLite As Abu, the build master, I need guidance on extending the BRDLite reference template with new custom activities. As Abu, the build master, I would like a number of BRDLite reference templates, which implement scenario based custom activities.
Build Customization Guide
- BRDLite was originally shipped with the Build Customization Guide as a practical build template that would provide hands on guidance on how to implement the TFS Build Extensions. Refer to the Build Customization Guide for practical guidance on build customization, an overview of BRDLite and the BRDLite v1.0 templates.
- The current version of the SPDisposeCheck can be downloaded from the SharePoint Dispose Checker site.
- CAT.NET 2.0
- The 2.0 CTP of Cat.NET can be downloaded from Microsoft Connect
- Community TFS Build Extensions
- Community TFS Build Extensions – this project makes use of the Community TFS Build Extensions which is a collection of custom build activities, templates and other resources for Team Foundation Build. Please visit and follow this project for the latest releases.
- Bijan Javari, Brandon Haw baker, Jim Lamb, John Jacob, John Spinella, Mike Fourier, Richard Fennell, William Bartholomew, Willy-Peter Scab
- How to submit new ideas?
- The recommended method is to post ideas to the Discussions Page or to contact the Rangers at http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/vstudio/ee358786.aspx.
- Post comments on the Discussions Page.
If you haven't downloaded and used the reference templates and guidance now is the time …
Thank you Jon it look pretty cool I will be post a follow-up and let you know what I find
Are you ready to be a SharePoint STAR Los Angeles?
Join SharePoint architects, developers, and other professionals that work with Microsoft SharePoint for ‘SharePoint Saturday’, on Saturday, May 18, 2013 at Santa Monica College.
SharePoint Saturday is an educational, informative & lively event filled with sessions from respected SharePoint professionals & MVPs, covering a wide variety of SharePoint-orientated topics.
SharePoint Saturday is FREE, open to the public and is your local chance to immerse yourself in SharePoint! Meet accomplished technology leaders, network with your peers and increase your proficiency in SharePoint in a fun and free environment.
- Breakfast, lunch and snacks will be served at the venue.
- Wireless access will be provided so you can follow along with your mobile Twitter client.
- Follow us now with hash tag #SPSLA
- Get more information at SharePointSaturday.org/LA
Register today so your spot is saved!
Come down to Santa Monica, enjoy the beach and ocean breezes along with this wonderful campus and then join me for two new sessions on Self Service Business Intelligence in SharePoint 2013
- Business Intelligence Demo Builds
- Self-Service Business Intelligence in SharePoint 2013
Check out a few clips from SharePoint Saturday Los Angeles 2011, and the Santa Monica College Campus
Call for Speakers Open
#SPSLA Call for Speakers is now open! You can submit speaker information and session abstracts using our online form: http://sps.la/spkrform
Deadline for entries is April 19th. However, we will be making early announcements of speakers. The final list of speakers will be announced April 30th. One more note, we have some different tracks that most of you may not have seen before:
- Business User: Includes end user and business executives.
- IT Pro / Admin: Infrastructure architecture, operations, management and administration including PowerShell.
- Developer & User Experience: Coded solutions, no code development, branding and end to end technical solutions.
- Integrations: Includes a product, add-on, or service. Could include Microsoft products like Exchange but also vendor products and services.
- Lightning Talks (15-20 min.): Held at a sponsor booth, you must list which Gold or Silver sponsor booth you'll be speaking. Attendee will have 25 mins between sessions.