Some new cool betas
During the past week or so there were several messages spread about availability of betas for some products of MS and some new tools. Some of them are definitely of interest to me and, probably, for you. The first is
VMM SSPv2 SP1
Such a nice an abbreviation, isn’t it? =) It stands for Virtual Machine Manager Self-Service Portal v2 with SP1. Being a bit buggy, it is still a very cool application. I’m going to use it as soon as it is released, and now we are using it in a test environment.
- You can import machines which are not yet in SSP zone of authority
- Expiration for virtual machines
- Notify administrators of business units about various events
- Move infrastructures between business units
Quite impressive, isn’t it? Joint the beta here.
I wrote about it some time ago: it’s a new addition to MDOP that can help you to manage and monitor BitLocker. Now the beta is available for the product. You can join the beta here. What it can:
- IT can automate the process of encrypting volumes on client machines across enterprise
- Helpdesk can reduce the time required for BitLocker PIN and Recovery Key information
- Security officers can quickly produce reliable evidence that indicates the compliance state of individual computers or even the enterprise itself.
- Security Officers can easily audit access to Recover Key information.
- Windows Enterprise users are empowered to continue working anywhere knowing their corporate data is protected.
System Center Virtual Machine Manager 2012
Wow! W! O! W! =)
I saw some review. It is awesome. No, really. From just creating a new VM to creating a private cloud based on VMWare. Or Hyper-V. Or both… Whatever, you can download it here. It can so much, that MS restricted benefits to somewhat bullshittish phrases. But it has ribbon as an administrator GUI. So I will definitely love it ;)
New version of the Exchange 2010 Mailbox Server Role Requirements Calculator
Nothing special, but if you use it, then you’d better use the new version.
And not technical stuff: if you are an MCP, then you’ve just received new certificates (just new look, actually, not new certifications =) ) and new transcript. Just look at fabulous it:
It’s not available yet, though. But in April it will =)
Enough for today =)