On November 11th, 2010 Caphyon Ltd. announced the release of Advanced Installer 8.0. Advanced Installer is available in five editions: Freeware, Professional, For Java, Enterprise and Architect.
The new Architect Edition brings full support for Microsoft's Application Virtualization (App-V) technology. You can package your applications to be able to run without being physically installed on the user's computer. Centralized management, rapid delivery and reduced conflicts are just a few of the benefits delivered by the newly introduced Advanced Installer Architect edition.
Other new features and enhancements in version 8.0 include:
- Visual Studio 2010 Extensions (VSIX) installations
- Import IIS web applications
- Pre-build and post-build events support
- New HTML-based installer theme (Spring)
- Support for adding dialogs anywhere in the user interface dialogs chain and easier way of adding and removing dialogs in sub-chains like Customize, Complete, Repair or Remove
- Added option for conditioning a dialog
- Prerequisites for Adobe Air, Microsoft Access 2010, Silverlight 3 and 4 predefined prerequisites
- Add matching PDB and DLL files to the same component
- and many more
For details see the release notes.
Owners of Advanced Installer can get updates free of charge within 6 months after purchase, or as long as they have an active maintenance plan.
Advanced Installer (full versions, upgrades and maintenance extensions) are available via the InstallSite Shop at http://www.installsite.biz/advancedinstaller.htm.