On January 27th, 2010 Caphyon Ltd. announced the latest edition of its Windows Installer authoring tool, Advanced Installer. The new 7.5 release brings three new Installer Themes built on top of Advanced Installer's Enhanced Native UI. Adding to the over 40 existing Classic themes, they take advantage of Windows 7/Vista controls while implementing a smoother, simpler install experience. Also new, the Direct Table Editor extends Custom Tables support, allowing users to visually edit your MSIs at database table and row level.
Summary of improvements in this version:
- Enhanced Themes for installer User Interface
- Direct table editor
- Windows 7 Libraries support
- Maintenance Plan period for Advanced Licensing module
- Installation UI testing without building the full installer
- Username/password predefined dialog
- Microsoft Access Runtime predefined prerequisites
- Customizable, reorganized left pane navigation menu
- and several other enhancements and bug fixes
If you purchased Advanced Installer within the past 6 months (or if you have an active maintenance plan) you will receive the new version free of charge.
Advanced Installer is licensed on a per developer basis and can be installed on multiple machines. It is available in four editions, starting with the Freeware community edition and offering a 30-day trial period for the other editions.
For more information and to purchase Advanced Installer please visit the InstallSite Shop.