VMware looking for Senior Software Engineer MSI/C/C++
This is a job opening at the VMware Headquarters in Palo Alto, CA (USA). VMware is looking for smart C/C++ developers that have experience developing MSI packages. This opportunity is for an onsite developer to help lead the development of new MSI technologies at VMware as well as to mentor the younger developers on the team. If you are interested in this position, or know someone who might be, please contact Antonio Busalacchi (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Senior Software Engineer – Product Infrastructure Team
VMware’s Product Infrastructure Team (PIT) is looking for a strong software engineer to help design and implement features and infrastructure for use in packaging VMware’s Desktop products. The PIT-Package team is responsible for the installers, packaging, and OS integration for VMware's Desktop product lines as well as providing frameworks that are used by teams across the entire company to solve complex installer and packaging problems.
PIT is a group of engineers that work with a broad variety of technologies, programming languages and OS platforms to solve the problems faced by all of VMware's Desktop products. People on the team are very passionate about their work and are looking for similarly motivated and flexible software engineers.
- Invent, design, and implement novel features and enhancements for VMware's Desktop product installers.
- Design and own key components of our infrastructure.
- Support VMware product releases by maintaining packaging software on Windows, OS X, and Linux.
- Develop flexible, reusable code that can be shared in multiple components across several operating systems.
- Interact with other product teams, customer support organization and the release team.
- BS or MS in Engineering or CS and 5+ years of commercial software product development experience, or equivalent experience
- Strong coding skills in C/C++.
- Experience in a variety of technical areas.
- Familiarity with Windows application programming (COM/Win32/MFC/ATL) or Linux application programming (gtk2).
- Familiarity with packaging/installation technology (MSI for Windows, RPM/tar/apt for Linux).
- Cross-platform (Linux, OS X, and Windows) experience desirable.
- Experience with desktop integration (Windows shell or KDE/Gnome desktop) a plus.
- Experience with scripting languages (vbscript/Perl/Python/shell) a plus.
- Must be motivated, detail-oriented, have the ability to thrive in a team environment.
- Very strong analytical skills, good judgment, passion for your work.
- Good design skills and insight about usability.
- Good teamwork and communication skills.
- Ability to work under deadlines.