On November 26th, 2008 Caphyon Ltd. announced the latest edition of its Windows Installer authoring tool. The new Advanced Installer enables developers and system administrators to easily build and repackage complex applications into reliable, ready to deploy MSI and EXE installers, patches and on-line updates.
The 6.7 release introduces a Licensing module supporting trials and registrations. Configurable with just a couple of mouse clicks, it is perfect for the busy software publisher, freeing you from having to implement your own custom solutions.
Configure custom HTTP headers and error pages in IIS. Help your users to easily pick target web sites and virtual directories during install by showing an automatically created list with what's available.
Extend your installer's functionality with the new ready to use predefined custom actions, Prerequisites and launch conditions.
Other improvements in this version:
- Licensing module: trials and registration support
- Play Audio File predefined custom action
- Uninstall Previous Versions predefined custom action
- Ability to configure custom HTTP error pages for a Web Site or Virtual Directory
- Ability to configure custom HTTP headers for a Web Site or Virtual Directory
- Populate a combobox/listbox with all websites/virtual directories on the target IIS server machine
- Ability to change the order of standard actions
- Wizard for creating prerequisites
- .NET Framework 2.0 SP1 and SP2 predefined prerequisites
- .NET Framework 3.0 SP1 predefined prerequisite
- Visual Studio 2008 SP1 Redistributable predefined prerequisite
- Active Internet connection predefined launch condition
- Installed Office 2007 application predefined launch condition
Advanced Installer is available in four editions, starting with the Freeware community edition and offering a 30-day trial period for the other editions.
For more information about Advanced Installer please see:
(Text based on a press release from Caphyon Ltd.)