New Advanced Installer 6.6 brings additional prerequisite support and ICE validation
On October 3rd, 2008 Caphyon Ltd. announced the latest edition of its Windows Installer authoring tool. The new Advanced Installer enables developers and system administrators to easily build and repackage complex applications into reliable, ready to deploy MSI and EXE installers, patches and on-line updates.
The 6.6 version offers new ready to use, predefined prerequisites, from .NET Framework 3.5 SP1, SQL Server Express to Internet Explorer 6, 7 and 8. A brand-new Repository allows you to store any prerequisite you define yourself and reuse it in other projects.
A new Condition Wizard helps you create Windows Installer conditions with ease while additional predefined Custom Actions allow you to run any file as Administrator or preserve the Install Type of the old version of your software.
Also new is the ability to run the ICE validation suite integrated as a final step in the build process, ensuring that your MSI packages are flawless. Validation messages are appended to the unified Build Log.
Other improvements in this version:
- Prerequisites repository for storing and reusing user-defined prerequisites
- Option to run the ICE validation suite as part of the build process
- Configure web application mappings at Virtual Directory level
- Prompt to use Path Variables when adding files if applicable
- New Condition wizard
- Duplicate build configurations
- .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 predefined prerequisite
- .NET Framework Client Profile predefined prerequisite
- SQL Server Express 2008 predefined prerequisite
- SQL Server Express 2005 SP1 and SP2 predefined prerequisites
- Internet Explorer 6, 7 and 8 predefined prerequisites
- Run file as Administrator predefined custom action
- Preserve Install Type of the old version predefined custom action
- Support for Minor Upgrades in EXE bootstrapper
- Option to hide properties from install log
Advanced Installer is available in four editions, starting with the Freeware community edition and offering a 30-day trial period for the other editions.
For more information about Advanced Installer please see: