New Advanced Installer 6.3 brings Vista Games Explorer integration and Visual Studio Setup projects import
On May 9th, 2008 Caphyon Ltd. announced the latest edition of its Windows Installer authoring tool. The new Advanced Installer enables developers and system administrators to easily build and repackage complex applications into reliable, ready to deploy MSI and EXE installers, patches and on-line updates.
The 6.3 version delivers tremendous time-saving features for game developers: one-click integration in Windows Vista's Games Explorer and registration in Windows Media Center.
Also new is an advanced, full-control mode for media volumes and CAB archive settings, allowing you to finely tune the way your products are compressed, packaged and delivered to your customers.
You can quickly convert your existing Microsoft Visual Studio Setup projects to Advanced Installer using the new addition to its powerful import capabilities.
Other improvements in this version:
- Full Windows Games Explorer integration and Media Center registration support
- Importing Visual Studio Setup projects
- Authoring patches in form of downloadable EXE files
- Another new addition full customization capabilities for media volumes and CAB archives in advanced mode
- Aero Wizard style on Vista for Updater
- Repeat support for Scheduled Tasks
- Predefined Java Runtime Environment launch condition
- Predefined Custom Actions for handling data in ListBox and ComboBox controls
- New Build Content tab for at-a-glance build reports
- Status page displayed in Bootstrapper when prerequisites searches are performed
- Command Line option to specify languages to be included in the package
- Sandbox testing of Prerequisite conditions
- Building packages only in a specified language
Advanced Installer is available in four editions, starting with the Freeware community edition and offering a 30-day trial period for the other editions.
For more information about Advanced Installer please see:
(Text based on a press release from Caphyon Ltd.)