New Advanced Installer 6.2 brings MSI, MSM and Eclipse projects import
On March 6th, 2008 Caphyon Ltd. announced the latest edition of its Windows Installer authoring tool. The new Advanced Installer enables developers and system administrators to easily build and repackage complex applications into reliable, ready to deploy MSI and EXE installers, patches and on-line updates.
The 6.2 version focuses on further shortening the time required to create new MSI installers. Import your existing Eclipse projects for your Java products, take advantage of the new wizards to quickly create unified 32/64-bit installers, save ready-to-use templates for your future projects.
Additional Prerequisites and launch conditions are readily defined to be included in your installers with just a mouse click: .Net Framework 3.5, Adobe Acrobat Reader and the new service packs for Windows XP (SP3), Vista (SP1) and Server 2008.
A powerful import feature can handle both MSI installers and MSM merge modules allowing you to open and edit completed, third-party packages for further easy customization in Advanced Installer before deployment.
Other improvements in this version:
- Importing Eclipse projects into For Java projects
- Importing merge modules into new or existing projects
- Importing MSIs into existing projects
- Template projects
- Ability to define Searches per each build
- Ability to define Launch Conditions per each build
- Wizard for creating new features
- Wizard for creating unified 32/64-bit packages
- Predefined .Net Framework 3.5 launch condition and prerequisite
- Predefined Acrobat Reader prerequisite and launch condition
- Newly released OS Service Packs launch conditions
- Serbian language localization
- Catalan language localization
- MSI-like wizard-style bootstrapper UI with customizable dialog and banner images
- Bootstrapper command line for setting installation language
- Ability to merge 64-bit merge modules into mixed 32/64-bit packages
Advanced Installer is available in four editions, starting with the Freeware community edition and offering a 30-day trial period for the other editions.
For more information about Advanced Installer please see:
(Text based on a press release from Caphyon Ltd.)