RSA Security Inc (Bedford, MA) is looking for an Installer Development Engineer, Installshield or InstallAnywhere knowledge required
Mitchell Schneir, the in-house technical recruiter for RSA, asked me to publish the following job opening:
Senior Software Development Engineer (Installer)
The Senior Software Engineer will develop installation modules for a complex J2EE-based product using an embedded Oracle database. Responsibilities include designing, developing and maintaining Installers in Windows and in various flavors of UNIX and will be involved in the design and analysis of other programs and systems that affect the installers, such as system configuration and the system build process. This position involves interacting with other engineers, communicating technical concepts and challenges and soliciting input from other development groups, as well as members of the Quality Assurance and Build teams, Product Management and other Engineering groups. Estimate resources required (time, equipment, other engineers) for own project tasks. Assist development manager in scheduling tasks for most effective project completion and resource usage.
- A minimum of 2 years work experience in product installation using InstallShield Developer is required.
- Good programming expertise in Java is required.
- Experience in the installation and basic configuration of Oracle, SunOne, and Active Directory-based solutions is highly desirable
- Familiarity with Windows & UNIX system administration, as it impacts installer tasks, is required.
- Scripting skills in shell or Perl is required.
- Skills in setup, administration and use of application servers such as Websphere or Weblogic is highly desirable
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 3-5 years experience with Installshield or Install Anywhere and Java.
Location: Bedford, MA
Requisition Number: 1990BR
For more information please contact Mitchell Schneir, CPC at (781) 515-7031 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org or Schneir_mitchell@emc.com