WindowsAndroid - Allows Android apps to run on Windows PC
NextWeb shares an interesting new product which allows the Android operating system to run within Windows.
QUOTE: WindowsAndroid is a very cool tool from the Beijing-based startup SocketeQ that lets you run Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) as a native application on your on Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8 machine. The creators tell us they have a deep background in virtualization, operating system, and graphics technologies, and have been working on the project for years. Essentially, WindowsAndroid allows you not only to execute Android apps on your Windows computer, but also use the browser, not to mention every other component of the operating system.
Here’s the official feature list, typos and all:
* Current ported Android version is 4.0.3r1, new version is being developed.
* Can run on Windows Vista, Windows 7 and Windows 8.
* Has exactly the same user experience with the original Android2.
* Integrated with Windows’ applications, such as Flash, Windows Media Player, etc.
* Supports any UI resolution, such as 1920×1080
* Supports windowing mode or full-screen mode, window scaling in windowing mode, and switching between windowing mode and full screen mode.
* Supports IO devices such as mouse, keyboard, remote control.
* Supports Ethernet, pppoe