Mobile Phone Security - Malware symptoms and prevention techniques
Malware symptoms and prevention techniques are shared below:
QUOTE: Here are a few questions to ask yourself to identify if your device is being overrun by malware:
1. Notice unfamiliar charges on your phone bill?
2. Is your phone acting crazy? If your phone starts acting crazy, strangely opening and closing apps, or sending text messages by itself, your phone might be compromised.
3. Is your battery draining extremely fast? Battery drain can be because malware apps can run constantly in the background, it is inevitable that they will run down your battery much faster than normal.
Keeping your phone safe from malware is easy if you take the right precautions when downloading apps. Follow these simple tips to keep your mobile experiences safe and sound:
1. Keep the software on your device up to date.
2. Be careful around third-party app stores.
3. Be careful where you click. Some malware comes embedded in drive-by-download website links that automatically download a malicious app to your device without your prior approval.
4. Download a mobile security app to protect you. Downloading a security app, like Lookout, that has app and link scanning capabilities will help you be safer and better protected on your mobile device.