Mobile Phone Text Messages - Six Best Practices
From PC Magazine, below are six tips to avoid text message mobile phone scams:
QUOTE: a few tips for staying safe from these kinds of scams.
1. Never respond to unsolicited text messages: If you don't know who sent it don't respond.
2. Remember that these service are packed with hidden fees: Remind family members that responding to text messages can incur charges that may be difficult to reverse.
3. Carefully check phone bill: Are you already being charged for unwanted services?
4. Block third-party charges: Call your cell phone service provider and block all third party charges going forward.
5. Do not click on links: Never click on web links in unsolicited text messages.
6. Talk phone safety: It's important to discuss these tips with all family members