Adobe 10 Reader - New version features Sandbox architecture for improved safety
I've updated one of my systems to try out the new release and am interested in safety improvements for key products used. Here's hoping this new safety features will help combat the constant stream of malicious PDF attacks.
Adobe 10 - New X Version features Sandbox architecture for improved safety
Adobe Reader X - Download site
QUOTE: Adobe released the Reader X version today. This is the version of Reader that has sandbox feature built-in, there is now a degree of separation between the OS and the potentially malicious PDF files. The same sandbox mechanism had been implemented in Google Chrome and also MS Office. Containment of the harmful files lessen the damage should a successful attack were to happen. Given the amount of 0-day attacks on this software, we recommend our readers on Windows platform to upgrade to this version of Reader soon to leverage the sandbox technologies. While it does not prevent all exploitation, every little bit helps.
SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS FOR WINDOWS
• Intel® 1.3GHz or faster processor
• Microsoft® Windows® XP Home, Professional, or Tablet PC Edition with Service Pack 3 (32 bit) or Service Pack 2 (64 bit); Windows Server® 2003 (with Service Pack 2 for 64 bit; Windows Server® 2008 (32 bit and 64 bit); Windows Server 2008 R2 (32 bit and 64 bit); Windows Vista® Home Basic, Home Premium, Business, Ultimate, or Enterprise with Service Pack 2 (32 bit and 64 bit); Microsoft Windows 7 Starter, Home Premium, Professional, Ultimate, or Enterprise (32 bit and 64 bit)
• 256MB of RAM (512MB recommended)
• 260MB of available hard-disk space
• 1024x576 screen resolution
• Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 or 8; Mozilla Firefox 3.5 or 3.6
• Video hardware acceleration (optional)