FTC OnGuard Online Site - Best Security Practices
The FTC has recently enhanced it's OnGuard Online site to provide practical tips that help users in guarding their privacy and staying safe while using the Internet. It provides a comprehensive and good list of safety practices.
FTC revamps education site
QUOTE: A just-released Web 2.0 redesign allows users to grab and embed games and videos, search for topics on the site, take a “show of hands” poll, and have a more interactive experience while getting useful tips and information about computer security.
FTC OnGuard Online Home Page
FTC Security Topics
Comprehensive list of Topics Covered
-- Overview of Computer Security
-- Cross-Border Scams
-- Email Scams
-- Identity Theft
-- Internet Auctions
-- Laptop Security
-- Online Investing
-- Online Shopping
-- P2P Security
-- Social Networking Sites
-- Wireless Security
Stop • Think • Click: An Overview of Computer Security
Seven Major Practices for Computer Security
1. Protect your personal information. It's valuable.
2. Know who you're dealing with.
3. Use security software that updates automatically.
4. Keep your operating system and Web browser up-to-date, and learn about their security features.
5. Keep your passwords safe, secure, and strong.
6. Back up important files.
7. Learn what to do in an emergency.
Phishing Scam Videos