Opera 9.1 release offers Fraud Protection security enhancements
The new version of Opera released today offers improvements to help prevent phishing attacks with it's new Fraud Protection facility.
Opera 9.1 Download site
Opera 9.1 introduces Fraud Protection
Changelog for Opera 9.1 for Windows
Release Notes and Change Log
This release of Opera introduces Fraud Protection.
- Fixed handling of access keys on Web pages with frames.
Mail, messaging, and newsfeeds
- Fixed an instability connected with delayed entry of the Master password.
- Deleting of newsfeeds in the panel now both unsubscribes and deletes.
Display and scripting
- Improved performance for elements with both :focus and :hover.
- Fixed an issue with opacity on links that have images nested within them.
- New Fraud Protection feature (a phishing filter).
- Changed Wand data to a new format. The upgrade to this new format is not reversible.
- Multiple stability issues solved, including crashes on Gmail and Google Maps.
- Changed the Mozilla User Agent string to include Firefox identification.
- Improved handling of Web site logins on slow connections.
- Cancellation of torrent downloads now functions as expected.
- Multimedia keys now function as expected when Opera has focus.
- Enabled loading of Windows Media plugins when Java is turned off.